Thursday 21 May 2015

I Love Living in a Small Town



Today is one of those Fridays.  You know the type when your 3 year old climbing into bed and peeling your eyelids open.

After two days in Auckland I have arrived home with a cold, and I feel miserable.  It seems every time I go to Auckland now I get a cold.  My mother suggested that maybe I am allergic to the city.  Not sure about that I do know though that I am definitely allergic to the traffic!!!

So here I was at home after a few errands and went to make a nice cuppa.  No Milk!  So off down to Jaques to get the necessities, as my daughter informed me yesterday Jaques is where all good food comes from.

Get home after my short journey to find fresh cut flowers perched in the cats water bowl.  The cats didn't look amused.  Well tough to them - I loved it.

There is something about an unexpected gift that brightens your day and makes you feel appreciated and cared for.  I have no idea who they are from, although have my suspicions.  I just know they are a small kind deed that most likely wasn't hard to do and yet means so much to me.

It's one of the many reasons I love living in our small town.  It's the way that people look out for one another and actually care.

We may not have some of the conveniences of a larger settlement.  Who needs that though when we have a community who watches out for one another and actually care about the people around them.

Today is just one of the lovely ways that the people of Kaiwaka constantly delight me.  Thanks for letting us live here and I hope that in some way I am able to give back and make someone else's day brighter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment